Partnership’s achievements highlighted in GWR report
The Partnership’s achievements in 2017 have been highlighted in a new report by Great Western Railway.
GWR’s Community Rail 2017 report (available to download as a 1MB PDF) sets out highlights from the last 12 months from each of the Community Rail Partnerships on the Great Western network.
In the foreword Mark Hopwood, Managing Director of GWR, writes:
“Community Rail Partnerships make a vital contribution to the local economy, promoting tourism as well as being a lifeline for residents, helping to overcome the very real problems associated with rural isolation.”
Featured work by the Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership includes:
- Winning two first places at the national Community Rail Awards
- New marketing campaigns including videos, Foodie Guides and a Poldark app
- Formation of the Friends of Gunnislake station on the Tamar Valley Line
- Partnership working to improve the appearance of Barnstaple station – as shown on the cover
- Providing digital marketing expertise to help create the national Scenic Rail Britain website